BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS ON HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Parents and carers are asked to comply with any age guidance on our activities. If this guidance is not followed, we may have to turn a child away from an activity for safety reasons. Most of our holiday activities are not suitable for children under 4 (see activity details).
- It is the responsibility of parents or carers to supervise their child/children and to make sure that all instructions given by the activity leader or boat skipper are followed. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. All instructions given by the activity leader or boat skipper must be followed.
- Please make sure participants have warm clothes, preferably waterproofs and sensible shoes.
- For canoeing, participants should bring a towel and a complete change of clothing and shoes.
- Minimum numbers apply for each activity. If we receive insufficient bookings for an activity, we reserve the right to cancel that activity. If we have to cancel we will contact you from the details given on your booking form not less than 2 days beforehand and a full refund will be offered.
- Please note, activities also have maximum numbers. Where a booking has been requested but we have not received the payment or a booking form three days before the activity, we reserve the right to allocate the place to other families on the waiting list.
- All activities for individuals and families must be booked in advance. Payment is required when you book. The Centre then sends you a booking form which must be returned to provide us with safety details etc. for the participants.
- Refunds will not be given for cancellations or changes in bookings unless there are exceptional circumstances such as COVID, hospital admission / family bereavement etc.
- Concessions apply for low income families. Please ask when booking.
- Holiday activities and one off events are designed for individuals and families. We cannot accommodate large groups from play care schemes, day centres etc. but these groups are very welcome to make group bookings as below at other times.
BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITY GROUPS
- For schools and organisations, a booking form is required to confirm your booking. Invoices can be issued on request.
- The applicant / user group is responsible for the supervision and safety of their group participants.
- Instructions given by the activity leader or boat skipper must be followed.
- The applicant / user group is responsible for the Centre’s equipment and facilities and will be required to replace broken, damaged or mislaid items.
- All breakages and damage must be reported to the Centre as soon as possible.
- The Centre’s equipment should be left in the position and state in which it was found.
- The applicant / user group should ensure that adequate time is allowed within the hire times, for setting up and clearing up.
- Please note that in the case of room bookings, any equipment brought onto the premises must be agreed with the Centre in advance. You must advise us if you want to bring electrical equipment. A form, available from the office needs to be signed stating its safety.
- The full booking cost will be due if cancellation is made less than 10 working days (2 weeks) before the activity unless there are exceptional circumstances e.g. COVID restrictions, hospital admissions etc.
- For cancellations made 10 working days or greater before the date of the activity, a full refund may be payable.
- Where individuals pay a contribution for the activity costs, the organisation making the booking will still be responsible for cancellation charges.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Centre has full public liability insurance but does not cover individuals for personal accident. The applicant is responsible for arranging adequate insurance to cover the user group, any damage to the property of Wildside Activity Centre and loss, injury or illness to third parties arising from the group’s use of the Centre’s facilities and / or equipment, or use of your own equipment.
- Wildside Activity Centre exists to provide a community service promoting nature and conservation. We take your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the service you have asked for. We record the details that you have provided so that we can process your booking, ensure your safety when you are with us and notify you about any changes to the event. For further details about the Wildside Activity Centre and how we control and process your data, please click here to refer to our Data Protection Policy.
- If Wildside cancels an activity or boat trip (e.g. because of safety factors in extreme weather), a full refund will be made.
- The Centre operates a Complaints Procedure in the unlikely event of it being needed, please contact the Business Development Manager in the first instance.
- WILDSIDE ACTIVITY CENTRE and the narrowboat ‘TREBALISA’ are NO SMOKING areas.
- Although Covid restrictions have now been lifted, we are still following procedures to ensure the safety of all our visitors and staff including following a strict sanitising routine prior to and following each activity.
- To support our procedures you or any of your group should not attend an activity at Wildside within 5 days of a positive test for Covid.
- We may continue to recommend the wearing of face masks for some of our indoor activities, particularly on the boat. Mask wearing is no longer mandatory however, so if you have booked a public boat trip you may be sharing the trip with some people who have chosen not to wear a mask.
- Booking any activity at Wildside Activity Centre is dependent on participants having read these Booking Conditions and in ticking the relevant box on the booking form, participants are agreeing to abide by all conditions as stated.
- The person making a booking shall be personally responsible for payment as stated, or cancellation charge if applicable. Wildside Activity Centre will provide no insurance for personal accident and such cover is the responsibility of the group.