This topic gives students a taste of the past on the canals.
It focuses on Victorian Britain, local history and the impact of the canals and railways on Wolverhampton.
The group can:
- Consider the health and safety issues around canals and water
- Look at the impact of the Industrial Revolution on Wolverhampton
- Walk along the canal looking at its contruction and the operation of a working lock
- Investigate the “lost village of Aldersley”, an once important canal interchange
- Look at some traditional canal art
We can arrange a full school day, e.g. 9.30 am to 2.30 pm or a half day or evening session.